DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Thu Oct 11 12:26:29 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Bug fixes. New (and very modest) C++ interface. Library module
>> overhauls by Andrei Alexandrescu. Brad Roberts is working behind the
>> curtain to get phobos development much better organized.
>

> And to think I just patched some code and makefiles last night to work
> around some of these bugs :-)  Nice work!
>
> On a semi-related note, a Tango release is planned for today.  In fact,
> it's already packaged and ready to go.  So I'll give DMD 1.022 support a
> look this evening and perhaps we'll re-release tomorrow if any changes
> are necessary.  I have jury duty so I won't be able to get to it today.

So it took me a bit longer than expected to get to this.  Things were
also a bit complicated by the fact the the timestamps for most of the
files had changed even though the files themselves were untouched.
Fortunately, my diff tool was up to the task, and it seems there are no
runtime changes necessary for Tango in this release.  I love it when
that happens :-)

Sean