GPUFractal-1

Burton Radons burton-radons at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 19 10:58:56 PDT 2007

BCS Wrote:

> Reply to Chad,
>
> > Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
> > Renderer: 'ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2'
> > Version: '2.0.6645 WinXP Release'
> > When I run it, the window comes up but doesn't display anything, well
> > nothing besides what was underneath the window before.  It seems to be
> > hung.  My computer heats up and the fan starts working really hard.
> >

> same for me but
>
> MOBILITY RADEON 9700 x86/SSE2
> 2.0.5012

Too old! You win the oldest driver version contest too. ;) The ATI functionality seems to be:

R520 (X1300-X1950) - Should work!
R420 (X700-X850) - Barely works with a hacked limited path.
R300 (9500-9800) - Hah! No way.
R200, R100, Rage, Mach - Err, no.

The GeForce functionality seems to be:

GeForce 8 - Yayyay!
GeForce 7 - Yay!
GeForce 6 - Dunno?
GeForce 1-5 - Guessing no.

Cg will be an option in the next release, once I figure out what arbitrary restrictions cause it to stop producing images.