GPUFractal-2

Matti Niemenmaa see_signature at for.real.address
Sat Oct 20 04:26:39 PDT 2007

Burton Radons wrote:
> Ohskays, update time! Pretty much everything is changed. Added language
> parameter to schema, added Cg (Cg and GLSL use the same formulae, only their
> base schema file is different), added global parameters, greatly improved the
> code (although I still wouldn't bring it home to mama), greatly improved text
> rendering (the X850 renders it weirdly, I don't know what's up with that),
> added gradient parameters (format is the same as in Ultra Fractal), and you
> can zoom and pan with the same button.

Nice! The Cg version works on my X800XL now, with some limitations.

Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Renderer: 'RADEON X800 Series x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2'
Version: '2.0.6847 WinXP Release'

Changing the "Inside" option gives this, I guess C6003 is a limitation of my card:

CG Compilation failed:
        (114) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float2"
        (114) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float2"
        (0) : error C6003: Arithmetic instruction limit of 512 exceeded; 519
arithmetic instructions needed to compile program

Trying to set Gradient Offsets and Gradients to their defaults with middle click
gives this:

ArrayBoundsError gpufractal.main(265)

--
E-mail address: matti.niemenmaa+news, domain is iki (DOT) fi