Mmrnmhrm 0.2.1 released

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Tue Oct 23 15:39:51 PDT 2007

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
>> Mmrnmhrm 0.2.1 has been released.
>> Changelog:
>>
>> == Mmrnmhrm 0.2.1 (2007-10-23) ==
>>   * Fixed major bug with document syntax highlighting and partitions.
>>   * Improved name lookup: statement blocks and enum bodies are now
>> supported correctly (they don't see forward definitions anymore).
>>   * Improved Code completion: duplicates or occluded names are no longer
>> presented.
>>   * Can now set, view, and remove Descent-compatible breakpoints in
>> Mmrnmhrm's editor (these will work with Descent's debugger).
>>   * DDoc text and code completion hovers are now processed and presented
>> as HTML instead of raw characters, thanks to Ary Mazana's Descent DDoc
>> parser.
>>
> (http://svn.dsource.org/projects/descent/downloads/images/mmrnmhrm_html_ddoc_hover2.png
>> pic)
>>   * Fixed some Neo AST bugs.
>>   * Minor builder changes (builder still work in progress).
>>
>> More info at:
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Mmrnmhrm
>>

> Any ideas why I cannot get this working? I think the installation phase went
> fine since both Preferences and File->new show Mmrnmhrm (Dee project). Also
> the project explorer shows a red D on the project (descent projects show a
> blue d).
>
> Pressing F3 gives "The resource is not on the build path of a D project". I
> also don't get tooltips with ddoc text. Syntax highlighting works, however.
> I think the build tool paths are fine too, though I use gdc, tango and
> rebuild so they're probably not supported. The project only has one file,
> example.d, in src/. I thought the path is included automatically.
>
> The Eclipse version is 3.4M2 on Linux/x86-64, Sun Java 6.

That sounds like D files are being opened with Descent's editor. Is the
editor icon a blue "d"? If so that's Descent. Mmrnmhrm's is a red "D"
with an M on it. See both:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/descent/downloads/images/mmrnmhrm_codecompletion2.png

You can configure the default .d editor in Eclipse Preferences, General,
Editors, File Associations. Add a .d file type, and the list of
associated editors will show up below. Select Mmrnmhrm as the default.

I'm gonna put this in the project wiki.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student