D for Xcode 1.0b1 - error while linking

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Oct 23 15:49:24 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-23 17:29:12 -0400, luca <21052 at serviziopostale.it> said:

>  Hi Michel, can you help me?
>
> *****
> hellod1:0: Command /usr/bin/gdc failed with exit code 1
> Tool:0: can't locate file for: -lgphobos
> Tool:0: warning -L: directory name
> (/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/default) does not
> exist

It looks like you're trying to link against the Mac OS X 10.4 Universal
SDK and that the compiler is searching for the library within the SDK
instead of looking at the standard system path.

Assuming building against the 10.4 SDK is what you want, here's my
solution: add libgphobos.a to the SDK using a symlink, like this:

    cd /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/darwin
    sudo mkdir default
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgphobos.a default/libgphobos.a

I'll see if I can arrange things better. Handling this from inside the
the plugin would be ideal.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com