DSSS 0.72.1 released.

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Mon Sep 3 12:54:01 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Gregor,
>
>> DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
>> installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.
>>
>> 0.72 and 0.72.1 have been fairly tiny releases. 0.72 just fixed a bug.
>> 0.72.1 is tiny in terms of changes, but the one change is big:
>> - Now supports D 2.0.
>> Note that 2.0 support is not extensively tested (my primary platform
>> is GDC), but it did compile some simple tests.
>>
>> As per usual, more information and downloads are available at
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/
>>
>> - Gregor Richards
>
> when is the scripting/output capture stuff coming out? weeks? months?
> minutes?

The next release should have a midbuild hook command, which will allow
you to capture build output, unless I get hung up on stupid stuff. It
will also lay the framework for scripting support, though it'll be a
release or two before any of that appears. I can't really give good
timelines, but somewhere between "weeks" and "months" is probably right.

> I ask because I'm hoping to convert a project of mine to use DSSS but I
> don't want to unless I can get some additional processing stuff at the
> same time.
>
> Another issue/question: Can DSSS be set up to consider a particular file
> as a library? I ask because the project in consideration has a build
> time of about 3 sec for all but one file that has a build time of more
> like 30 sec. (it uses lots of templates) I want to do full rebuilds
> every time, but that is not going to be practical for that one file.
> What I'd like to do is run a full rebuild of the whole project and do a
> partial rebuild of only that part.

Sure. Just like making a package a library, except use a module as the
section header:

[foo/a.d]
type=library

  - Gregor Richards