DMD 1.021 and 2.004 releases

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:26:23 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> BLS wrote:
>> However. I have no idea which advantages this feature really has.
>
> In a long module, you can organize the static constructor code in a way
> that makes sense, rather than being forced to put it all in one place.
> It also makes it practical to mixin code that requires static construction.

Badass, it is good to see this rough edge get smoothed.  Thank you Walter!

I think I used to have some hack where I would wrap each static ctor in
its own class, and somehow this would make it work.  I'm not sure if
that's correct or not though.