D surpasses Delphi on tiobe index

janderson askme at me.com
Mon Sep 10 14:08:16 PDT 2007

Manfred Nowak wrote:
> renoX wrote
>
>> IMHO doing an action only to increase Tiobe rating is cheating,
>> which is ridiculous.
>
> Every index based on buzz is vulnerable to spam.
>
> After Google noticed such spam in 2004 and cancelled it out, Tiobe
> reintroduced that spam by including it from MSN and Yahoo. Despite of
> this, Tiobe considers the index as based on "strategic data".
>
> If you cannot falsify that those "strategic data" sets are built up by
> cheating, as you say, then what is the value of that index?
>
> -manfred

If you look at the list, although subject to error, the languages you
would expect are at the top.  At the very least its a fuzzy indication
of where some languages are compared to others at least in terms of
search ability/presents on the web.

I have a feeling that D should be much lower on the list as many of the
other languages have been used in more commercial applications then D.

-Joel