OpenMesh 1.9.5 ported to D

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat Sep 22 05:20:30 PDT 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> I ported most of the OpenMesh library from C++ to D
>> (http://www.openmesh.org)
>>
>> It's not available anywhere yet, but it will be eventually, under the
>> LGPL licence like its papa.
>> I'm mentioning it here now because I've just been lazy about putting
>> it up.  But if there's interest, I can work a little faster at getting
>> a project up for it on dsource.
>>
>> It's a 100% native D port rather than a wrapper.  OpenMesh is almost
>> entirely templates, so doing a wrapper didn't make much sense.
>>
>> --bb
>
> neat! did you contact the maintainers? there is at least one D project
> at the ACG group atm, there might be people interested in supporting the
> D port.

Yes, I contacted them.  Initially I was trying to submit patches and
stuff against the C++ version for improvements I was making there, but
there doesn't seem to be anyone with write access who's interested in
maintaining it right now.  They responded to my emails (eventually) but
that was part of why I decided to just go ahead and port to D, the C++
version seems not to be much of a moving target now.

I also asked them if they would be interested in hosting the D port
alongside the C++ port, but they said no.  Actually the one who
responded to me only said "Good work -- never heard of this language.".

So I'm just going to put it on dsource.

--bb