DBus for D not yet completed :)

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:52:37 PDT 2007

This is no announcement of a release.

DBus is a interprocess communication (IPC) mechnism which is developed
mainly for the Linux desktop. A windows port is also available. DBus is
IPC in OOP style with very little overhead.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-faq.html

This can be interesting for
- a replacement for JNI to combine Java and D
- communication with apps written in other languages
  C/C++/QT/Ruby/Perl/Python/..
- Communication with the Linux Desktop (Gnome/KDE)

I am working on a language binding for D, and it works so far for my
needs. But it still needs improvements and more testing for a release.

I just want to tell you about i am working on this.
Early adaptors welcome :)