Does anyone want to work on a Linux port of the D Installer

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Sep 30 03:57:00 PDT 2007

Jakob wrote:

>> If anyone wants to work on a Linux port of the D installer I will give
>> them the source code to my project free as long as they keep the
>> source code of their project fully open to me as I will have done with
>> my project by giving them the source.
>> Lester L. Martin II
> I dont exactly know how your installer works, but i think on linux, it
> would be better to create deb/rpm packages.

The deb/rpm packages doesn't work too well with downloading the payload
from the net, so they're better off with the free/redistributable GDC...

http://gdcgnu.sourceforge.net/ - GCC D Compiler for GNU/Linux (RPM/DEB)

However, there are shell scripts available that do similar thing as this
.NET installer (I think) in that they download from ftp.digitalmars.com:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/InstallingDCompiler

--anders