[OT] URL redirection

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Fri Apr 18 12:05:01 PDT 2008

I should note, I'm not actually entirely sure this is true in every
browser.  In fact, it's been so long since I even used meta refreshes
that this may not be true in any browsers anymore...

But obviously the browser has to parse the entire entity body and HTML
(and usually render it) before redirecting.  This is because with a
refresh (unlike a redirect) the entity body is understood to be a
message about why they are being redirected.

The most correct place to use a refresh these days is in front of a
search results page which is slow.  The refresh would be put on a page
that says "your results are being loaded."  Even so, that's unpopular
these days.

-[Unknown]