DMD 1.029 and 2.013 releases

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Apr 24 07:23:31 PDT 2008

>Bugzilla 1741: crash on associative array with static array as index type<

This bugfix will probably save me lot of problems (and code), thank you.
For a future release of D 1.x I hope to see the module system too fixed (currently not in bugzilla), that may solve another big chunk of my problems.

Christopher Wright:
> You mean, some sort of dynamic function call system? Like opDot(char[])
> so you can do:
> auto x = foo.bar; // calls foo.opDot("bar");

As you know Python has the built-in methods __getattr__() and __getattribute__():
http://docs.python.org/ref/attribute-access.html
http://docs.python.org/ref/new-style-attribute-access.html
They are useful, but they are probably more fit in a dynamic language with a shell interface.
I have used them, once in a while:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/409000
But I don't know where I can use them in D yet...

Bye,
bearophile