DMD 1.029 and 2.013 releases

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Sun Apr 27 13:00:13 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
>  As for the C++0x discussions, I feel
> that some of the participants of the memory model discussion are experts
> in the field and understand quite well the issues involved.
>

> Sean

Are you talking about some actual online discussion? If so, can you
point to where it is? (comp.lang.c++ maybe?)

Ever since I read about the double-checked locking pattern, that I've
felt as if the carpet was pulled under my feet (even though I never used
the pattern), as it clearly illustrated how tricky the memory model
concurrency issues are.
Speaking of which, is a memory model specification also being worked out
for D, since the concurrent programming aspects of the language are
being developed?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate