Tango 0.99.6 Jeff released

Kenny B funisher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:49:00 PDT 2008

> Manual install?
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/UnixInstallGdc
>
> It's always worked for me when I make sure to follow all the steps :)

Few reasons:

1. the latest svn of gdc is super annoying to install.
2. I need to be able to compile the same code on both linux and mac, so I would prefer to use the same installer. I need the same version of gdc on both -- cause there are tweaks I have to make between latest svn and 0.24 vanilla
3. the installer is easy...
4. I have never been able to separate my previous gdc 0.24 vanilla installation away from using phobos.

Once I get the install working, I'll update the installer and send the diff... but I don't know what is the problem.

The alternative would be if I could know how to make my previous installation of gdc work with tango -- but I really would prefer the newer svn of gdc.

I have made progress though.

gdc FileBucket.d  -I/usr/include/d -fversion=Tango -fversion=Posix -lgtango -lgphobos -lpthread -lgcc
/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib64/libgphobos.a(cmain.o): In function `main':
/home/gregor/d/tango/0.99.6/lib/compiler/gdc/cmain.d:5: undefined reference to `_Dmain'

How does my vanilla gdc know the other option to automatically add the phobos lib? Where is that data stored? I've tried grepping for it, with no success. Once I can find that file, I think it won't be too hard to get it working.

Thanks again