dcollections version 0.02

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Wed Aug 6 04:03:56 PDT 2008

maelp wrote:

>> You can find a very efficient stack in the new Tango containers.
>
> This raises the questions:
> a. How does the structures from dcollection and Tango compare, in terms of
> integration to tango, speed, memory efficiency, richness of API? b. Why
> aren't the efforts of both libraries combined ? Dcollection is maybe not
> mature enough ? Are there plans to merge them if dcollections happen to be
> more efficient ?

Implementation wise, the approaches are quite different, thus it is not
likely that it is easy to merge much. It is possible that dcollections has
a richer API (I don't know), but Tango's is implemented to be extemely fast
and memory efficient (and have a fairly rich API). In terms of age,
dcollections is actually slightly older than tango.util.container, the
tango.util.collection package in Tango will be deprecated.

Steven is probably best suited to answer further questions, but he _has_
contributed to the new Tango containers.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net