Atomorun2008 Opensource

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Aug 21 10:19:49 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> Uh, I'm not sure where you got the idea that you can tell other people what
> coding style they should use, but typically it doesn't work ;)

I'd love people to criticize my code :-)

In the the creative literary mailing lists I follow I am used (and even supposed too) to comment/criticize everything people shows in the group. So I am trying to... improve this group encouraging people to look at each other code to suggest things, etc. A community of writers doesn't need to be too much different from a group of programmers :-)

The things I have said here aren't just "coding style", for example I have avoided suggesting things like where to put the brackets, how much indent use, etc. The things I have suggested, like to not put "private" inside structs seems more important, closer to being code bugs (despite not being bugs). Walter has written some conventions for D and I think it's positive to follow some of them (even if maybe Tango doesn't follow some of them).

Bye,
bearophile