D Compiler for Pocket PC Windows CE/Mobile

Vincent Richomme forumer at smartmobili.com
Sat Aug 23 08:45:48 PDT 2008

Extrawurst a écrit :
> Vincent Richomme wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A D compiler based on cegcc project is born for Windows CE platforms
>> (It includes Pocket PC and Windows Mobile).
>> The compiler is based on a cegcc-4.1.0 and for now it's not really
>> tested so I would be interested by some feedback.
>>
>> D compiler is available here
>> http://www.smartmobili.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=41&lang=english
>>
>> I only have compiled it under cygwin, the linux version will come soon.
>>
>> Actually this compiler is part of a project called Gynoid and aiming
>> at designing a new framework based on D language and targetting
>> Windows CE, PSP, Symbian and Darwin OS.
>
> How cool is that ?
> I will give it a try later, i am owning a Symbian driven mobile phone.
> It would be soo nice to code for it in D.

About Symbian D compiler it won't be available before next year because
this platform use a very specific ARM ABI and recent GCC doesn't support
it (at least from what I know).
Before to be able to generate a D compiler, we will have to work on a
C/C++ patch to GCC (seomething like an old patch done by an hungarian
university : http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/symbian-gcc/