DMD 1.037 and 2.020 releases

Pablo Ripolles in-call at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 02:23:58 PST 2008

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Pablo Ripolles wrote:
> > I've been following the same procedure (mutatis mutandi) with
> > versions 2.020 and 2.019, only the latter worked.  Clearly there must
> > be some issue related with the druntime lib which I am missing in the
> > installation procedure.  Any idea?
>
> I don't know what's going wrong with your setup. But the first thing is
> to fix DFLAGS so that the phobos comes before druntime, as phobos should
> be searched first.

Yes indeed! that was it!

It would be nice not to forget to update the install docs such as in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html (there is no comment about druntime stuff at all).

Something esle, there is this dmd.conf.5 man page which is deployed in man1 directory of the dmd zip file.  Shouldn't it be in a new man5 diretory?  again, shouldn't it have renamed its internal number (the one that appears in the header when you type "man dmd.conf" such as DMD.CONF(1)) to DMD.CONF(5)?

Walter, thank you very much.