DMD 1.038 and 2.022 releases

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:55:58 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

>>> Apologies for the delay in updating std2. I've had a good reason (in
>>> addition to having a dissertation to complete), see www.erdani.org. :o)
>>
>> I'm referring to this std2: http://www.dsource.org/projects/std2
>> I think you're referring to std in v2 Phobos, but if you really are
>> referring to std2 then I look forward to the updates.  ;-)
>>
>> --bb
>
> Sorry, I was indeed referring to std v2 in Phobos. I warn you guys, there's
> going to be plenty of changes to std.algorithm.

With ranges and reference returns, I suspect so.  D2's added special
support for foreach over ranges, right?  Is there anything else that
had to change D2 in for ranges?

Anyway, my personal goal with D2 is not so much to facilitate
compiling D2 code in D1, but more to just bring similar functionality
to D1.  So if std2.algorithm gets stuck at today's rev because of
porting issues, I can live with that.  But currently there is no
functioning version std.algorithm at all in D1 because of the heavy
use of partial IFTI with those string alias parameters.

--bb