DMD 1.038 and 2.022 releases

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Dec 15 06:37:27 PST 2008

Bill Baxter:
> For me, V1.038 compiles my code but takes a really really really long
> time to do so.
> It now takes  1 min 20 secs for a full build, when it used to compile
> in 13 seconds.
> Forget the 60% slowdown from LDC -- this is 515% slower!
> (building with DSSS and tango)

I have tested the compilation timings of my dlibs (using 'bud'), they contain lot of templates.
Compilation timings (with unittest), no run:
  V1.037: 11.33 s
  V1.038: 11.52 s
The size of the resulting exe is the same (1.887 MB).

(Without unittests the compilation is much faster, about 0.47 seconds for 1.038).
So it seems my compilation timings are grown, but not much.

I have just found out that 'bud' isn't using both cores of my CPU. Why??

Bye,
bearophile