New DigitalMars D newsgroups/forum

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:19:42 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Denis Koroskin <2korden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:37:07 +0300, BCS <ao at pathlink.com> wrote:
>
>> Reply to Denis,
>>
>>> I have been working on new newsgroups archive last few days. This is
>>> an newsgroup posts archive structured in a way so that it feels more
>>> like a forum (that's what you demanded, right?).
>>
>> COOL
>>
>> I hit this page:  http://dnews.naxx.ru/topic.php?id=117556   and it
>> started trying to download and save files. Is that a bug?  (FF2)
>>

> Hm... Yes, it's bug.
>
> I tested it with Opera 10 and Internet Explorer and it works fine for them.
> I have changed file extension to htm, this should fix the problem.

Awesome, the text displays in-line now.  (The content also spans the
whole width of the screen, thanks.)

However the text doesn't wrap to the size of the content box, and has
scrollbars on it..?  For example:

http://dnews.naxx.ru/topic.php?id=110721

It makes it terribly difficult to read.

I see you're using an iframe to hold the contents of the posts.  Any reason?