DMD 1.038 and 2.022 releases

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 12:31:05 PST 2008

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> Yigal Chripun escribió:
>> Denis Koroskin wrote:

>>> You should watch Descent videos on youtube, it is *much* smarter that
>>> that!
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/asterite
>>
>> I watched the video.
>> the functionality is that if you write: new Foo; it added
>> automatically an import for Foo. that's very cool and all but I was
>> asking for something more than that.
>>
>> for Java, Eclipse can add and manage imports for you not only when you
>> do new Somthing() but also for functions - like recognizing that
>> Stdout("string") needs to import tango.io.Stdout.
>
> If you put the cursor right after Stdout, you get the autocompletion.
> But I understand what you say, you want ctrl+shift+o (organize imports).
> I need to add some hooks into the port of the compiler so when a "symbol
> undefined" is reported, show a popup suggesting an import.
>
> Aww... so many features I'd like to add. I wish more people would join
> the project. Many people say "thanks to all the developers involved in
> this project", and it's really just me, Robert Fraser, Bruno Medeiros,
> Frank Benoit helped a little in the beginning, and I can't remember if
> someone else helped... Of course, its testing, its usage, comments and
> suggestions by part of the community helped a lot also, but if more
> people would join the project, it would be much more powerful than now...

You read my mind :)
I hear you. It's not easy to take such a huge undertaking on yourself.

Well, I know Java, I don't know the sourcecode of eclipse and how to
work with it. I have very little spare time.
I'll be happy to help as much as I can, even if it's just testing and
such. I can help test for 64bit (windows/linux)...