dstats alpha 4

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 07:03:09 PST 2008

== Quote from Don (nospam at nospam.com)'s article
> Looks great!
> Could you please review the new 'math.random' package in Tango? I hate
> competition, would be great if we could take the best of both.

Agreed, but as I mentioned, I've been targeting D2, and that's what I generally
use.  I realize dstats duplicates some functionality that is already in Tango, but
because Tango doesn't support D2 yet, and because relying on Tango for the
functionality that does overlap would create a massive dependency for only a few
modules, I think that duplicating a little functionality may be, for now, the
lesser of two evils.  If you have any suggestions about how to deal with this, I'd
be open to them.