Article first draft: CTFE,DDL,DLL all dead ?

Burton Radons burton-radons at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 16:00:06 PST 2008

Bjoern Wrote:

> I will read your article a third time, but I think it means : No need
> for CTFE anymore, DDL is dead. Furthermore we can use D as ultra fast
> scripting on-the-fly-compiled language. (using eval)
>
> Sorry I must be wrong!

It can take a big chunk out of any situation where you need to use a switch to select between templates, but it'll have little effect on anything which uses templating and CTFE for expressiveness. Or maybe it will - it's a diverse concept that I haven't fully explored.

As to DDL, it looks like a great utility that could easily be used for many of the same things my library could, and is portable and supports D modules more thoroughly to boot. I didn't know of it until you mentioned it, but I remember Eric Anderton talking about it years ago. My code is much more ramshackle and driven for a singular purpose.