Blaze - A 2D Rigid Body Dynamics Engine

Clay Smith clayasaurus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 10:58:20 PST 2008

Mason Green wrote:
> The Blaze Development Team is proud to present:
>
> Blaze: A light-weight, 2D rigid body dynamics engine, based loosely on the
> Glaze, Chipmunk, and Box2D projects. Blaze's goal is to implement a real time,
> continuous collision detection, and physics game engine library.
>
> Implemented: Sequential Impulse (SI) solver, stacking, non-convex models via.
> partitioning and covering.
>
> To do: Joints, continuous collision detection, and much more!
>
> This project will serve as a stable physics game library, and maintain a
> branch for experimental, bleeding edge development.
>
> Project home: http://www.dsource.org/projects/blaze
>
> ~Mason Green (zzzzrrr)

License: zlib/png license

Blaze Documentation:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/blaze/downloads/docs/blaze05/blaze.dynamics.RigidBody.html

Blaze Demos for Windows:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/blaze/downloads/Blaze-Demos.zip

DSSS install instructions...

dsss net install blaze
dsss net install blaze-demos

The blaze demo only requires SDL.

The reason we decided to call it Blaze, is that it is already pretty
darn fast and we haven't even optimized it, yet.

I've created a stable branch for Blaze which is the branch that will be
downloaded through DSSS.

It's kind of interesting how this port came: Box2D Lite inspired
Chipmunk, which added some speed and stability and non-convex polygons
to Box2D Lite, and Chipmunk inspired Glaze to make an object oriented
physics engine on a modern programming language, Action Script 3. Both
Mason and I were surprised how similar Action Script 3 is to the D
programming language.

Both Mason and Glaze author Richard plan to add more features to the
engine, and will also benefit from further features added to Chipmunk.

My job in the process is to make the development process a little bit
smoother.

~ Clay