Learn to Tango with D

JMRyan nospam at nospam.com
Tue Jan 8 13:54:54 PST 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote in
news:flu7b6$o9b$1 at digitalmars.com:

> We are happy to announce that "Learn to Tango with D", the book by
> Kris Bell, Lars Ivar Igesund, Sean Kelly and Michael Parker, is
> available as an eBook at www.apress.com [1]. The printed version will
> be available from select book stores in about 3 weeks, and is already
> available for pre-order at amazon.com [2].

Congratulations!

Of course, your book will not be fully realized until there are reported
errata.  In order to help you achieve the dream of a fully realized book,
I have submitted an erratum to the book's web page at Apress.  On page 5,
line 12 the file name hello.d mistakenly appears "print.d".  The
compilation instructions at line 22 has the correct file name.

When I was a TA, I would tell my students that, as a pedigogical tool, I
would slip errors into my lectures.  I told them that this was a good
pedigogical tool because recognizing errors was an important elelment in
understanding the material.  I also told them that employing this
pedagogical tool required no effort whatsoever on my part.  Unfortunately,
that is about as funny as my jokes got.  For the sake of my students, I
eventually got a real job.