dmd0xf - Tango dmd package from team0xf

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jan 18 12:27:41 PST 2008

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> For what it's worth, Tango has supported stack tracing via a plug-in for
>> quite a while now.  So I am wondering if this is mostly a matter of
>> visibility or convenience?  Either way, we'll look into addressing this
>> issue for the next release.
>
> I tried the flectioned plugin before but at the time it didn't compile
> in the version of DMD I was using and didn't have time to checkout why
> so I just give up.

Yeah it's been a while since I tried flectioned and I had to fix it a
bit to get it running with the current Tango.  I'll see if Thomas K.
will update the DSource version, but in the interim I've put my copy
here in case anyone wants to use it:

http://www.invisibleduck.org/~sean/tmp/flectioned.d

> Having it in an integrated package certainly has it's advantages. Maybe
> it could be included in the next official release of Tango, now that
> Tangobos is included in this one.

It's something we'll definitely re-examine.  We'd considered it before,
but flectioned is distributed under a different license than Tango,
coordinating releases may be an issue, etc.

As an alternative, what if DSSS could auto download and install
flectioned to get people automatically up and running with its stack
trace features?  It would mean writing an install script for DSSS that
modifies sc.ini/dmd.conf, but perhaps this would be worthwhile for some
people?

Sean