Win a Free Learn to Tango With D Ebook

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:59:17 PST 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:

> Hmm.  So maybe it's a case of a slightly misguided D enthusiast just
> trying to be helpful, rather than a malicious attempt to hurt sales of
> the Tango crew's book.  If so then presumably Mr. Ivasyuv will take down
> the link when he realizes the fuss it's causing.
>
> --bb

That would be the non-confrontional way of looking at it.

But then it still doesn't explain why he would respond to Mike's thread by
posting this link. It's almost like saying:  "Don't mind Mike's offer;
here's the real deal without the bother or the price".  Hmm... yes, maybe
that's considered helpful in some places. :P

But we may not assume that the motive was malicious or helpful, of
course...because...well we aren't supposed to judge motives here ;). but I
think it's completely fair to treat it as serious so that the message is
clear that this is not acceptable.

So far, even this little discussion seems to have done little to convince
Alex to cancel his message.

-JJR