The Cross Plattform DWT

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Jan 20 13:24:52 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> Bjoern wrote:

>>> Just one word : Incredible.
>>> Thanks !
>>>
>>> Does it make sense, to port the SWT snippets ?
>>> this ones : http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/
>>>
>>> I like to suggest to support /groups/ like dwt.group.layout (Tango like)
>>>
>>> Bjoern
>>
>> What's the story with DWT-Win?  Is it just in planning at this stage?
>> There's not much on the web dsource page.
>>
>> Also why two projects?  Won't they share most of the same source code?
>> Just curious.
>>
>> --bb
>

> Yes, the win port has just started; I have not yet committed any ported
> source... No they don't share much source code (other than perhaps a few
> highlevel sections).
The implementation of widgets on linux uses
> gtk+/cairo, while the implementation on win32 graphics/system calls.  It's
> quite a bit of work.  It would be a mess to integrate both projects into
> one (using version statements).

Ok.  Well I was just thinking of wxWidgets, which has subdirectories for
platform-specific stuff, and other subdirectories for the common stuff.
  There's a fair amount of common stuff there.  I would expect SWT/DWT
to not differ too terribly much from wx in the ratio.  So, anyway, just
surprising to me to see the different ports going to entirely different
repositories.  But if it works for you then, great.

--bb