The Cross Plattform DWT

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:24:37 PST 2008

BCS wrote:
> Reply to John,
>
>> BCS wrote:
>>
>>> I can't seem to check it out.
>>>
>>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt-win/ amI missing
>>>
>> Well, first, you need mercurial (hg) to check out the repository.
>>
>> We moved away from svn because mercurial provides excellent support
>> for distributed repository maintenance.
>>
> [...]
>> For dwt-win, I should have provided information on the project wiki
>> giving instructions on how to do this.  I'll try to add that
>> information soon.
>
> Ideally, I should be able to tell from the front page or one "oh-duh"
> click away what downloading it will take. Something like some easy to
> find verbiage along the line of "Download with /Mercurial/ from...."

Yes, I agree.  I should have done this.

>> Also, be aware that little of the win32 port of dwt has been done yet.
>> So there's not much in the repository at this point, let alone
>> anything working.  If you want to lend me a hand, I'd very much
>> appreciate it.
>>
>> -JJR
>>

> Is there any other way to get it? I don't think installing another
> source control system is going to happen any time soon. tarballs would
> work for me considering I'm not going to be doing dev (I have enough
> trouble using GUI API's, I don't even want to think about writing one)

At this point, since there is nothing working to "get", I don't think
we'll provide a tarball of any sort.  But perhaps once things start
building properly, we should consider making releases available in an
alternative package.  This makes sense.  We'll need some storage options
that, at this point, I don't think mercurial provides, but perhaps the
Trac system does. I'll have to investigate the options.

-JJR