Reorg of D site

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Tue Jan 22 22:53:10 PST 2008

Walter,

Again I just want to mention that Google assigns a number ("pagerank")
to every page it indexes.  When a page is linked to by a reputable
source, the number increases.

META Refresh redirects will get this page rank, but are useless, and
will be badly indexed for phrases.  Also, people will not continue to
link to these meta refresh pages.

So, you're splitting potential page rank (something you want to
maximize) in pieces by using that sort of redirect.  If at all possible,
I strongly suggest using a 301 redirect (which is a "permanent" redirect
and tells Google to give the page rank to the resultant page.)

If you want, I can provide further documentation on this phenomenon from
google.com.

That said, I'm glad to see this reorganization, and I'm sure it will
help people searching the site.

-[Unknown]