ev.d: D Programming Language "bindings" for libev.

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 14:07:46 PST 2008

Hi! I wanted to play arround a little with the D programming languageD[1],
specially with C interfacing, so I wrote this "bindings" for libev[2].

This was written using GDC (D 1.0), using phobos and libev 2.01 on a 32
bits
x86. I don't know if it works under other plataforms / combinations, but
I'll be very happy to know your experiences =)

For know there is only the same API as in C, but a more higher level API
is planned. It took me a couple of hours to put it toguether (with
testing, the struct alignment was the only "tricky" part).

I'm looking for some feedback before I start with the higher level API, so
comments are much appreciated.

The "ev" module (ev.d) and a simple test (test.d) are attached.

You can compile it with: gdc -o test -lev ev.d test.d (you need libev 2.01
installed with EV_MULTIPLICITY=1, for now at least, if you have disabled
some event types, take a look at version identifiers EV_ENABLE_SELECT and
EV_XXX_ENABLE).

Of course, this isn't even a release yet, just a preview for comments,
use it at your own risk ;)

TIA

[1] http://digitalmars.com/d/
[2] http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html

- Los romanos no tenían paz, loco... Necesitaban un poco de chala...