DMD 1.026 and 2.010 releases

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sun Jan 27 08:51:21 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Robert Jones wrote:
>> What version of libstdc++ are you using now? The last time I tried
>> using dmd
>> on fedora core 5 it wouldn't work because dmd required libstdc++6.so
>> and I
>> only had libstdc++7.so and later.
>
> I've been using 5 because many complained they couldn't get 6 for their
> systems.

It's generally pretty easy to get older versions of a library, but not
always easy to get newer ones.  The glibc change not too long ago ended
up inspiring me to upgrade my Ubuntu install from 5.10 because I didn't
have the proper version of the lib and the upgrade features for the OS
had broken.

Sean