DMD 1.032 and 2.016 releases

Koroskin Denis 2korden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:24:41 PDT 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:03:38 +0400, Tomas Lindquist Olsen
<tomas at famolsen.dk> wrote:

> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>>
>>> It would be nice if the release process could stop this from happening.
>>  I wrote a short piece on this topic : http://larsivi.net/node/114
>>  As it is, I will recommend against using this release for Tango users.
>>

> After reading larsivi's blog post, I can only say I couldn't agree more!
> I would personally not mind getting a release candidate and running it
> through some dstress/tango testing. Obviously this is not done already...
>
> I would probably even try merging the changes into LLVMDC and see if
> anything shows up there.
>
> Consider it an offer!

I don't agree, it's useless to have a group of reviewers for DMD releases
*unless* you are targeting a simultaneous DMD/Tango or DMD/GDC or
DMD/<something-else> release. Now you know that stuff doesn't compile, and
what? The breaking changes won't be reverter anyway, the bugs weren't
fixed just to know that this bugfix breaks existing code, although I
understand that it's frustrating to see that your code doesn't compile
anymore. Just continue using DMD1.031, this release doesn't introduce any
great features anyway.