DMD 1.032 and 2.016 releases

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Wed Jul 9 11:59:10 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> I don't suppose there's any chance that bugzilla 288 could be fixed
>> in 1.0 as well?  I know it's a breaking change from a code perspective,
>> but it was clearly considered a bug in 1.0, and it makes maintaining
>> cross-compatible code between 1.0 and 2.0 difficult at best.
>
> The problem is it's a breaking change.

But it's a breaking change that people asked for two years ago, before D
2.0 was announced.  Besides, breaking changes are made to D 1.0 all the
time anyway, as evidenced by the fact that all of the past 4 DMD 1.x
releases have broken Tango in one way or another.  I grant that, as a
silent breaking change this is somewhat of a bigger deal, but I suspect
that our users would gladly change their code to have this in 1.0.

Sean