DMD 1.032 and 2.016 releases

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 09:46:31 PDT 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:40:05 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> BCS wrote:
>> If you could test dmd with tango from a single shell script (runs SVN
>> up; some tests; etc) would you add that to the pre release tests?
>
> The problem with that is if it fails, then I will be debugging Tango
> (and every other project). It's not practical.

Maybe new releases of dmd 1.x could be called rc (release candidate)
until they'd been tested for unexpected regressions?

I *do* think that limiting the testing to "approved major projects" is a
bad idea, but it might be a *very* good idea to have different labels
when a release is hoped to be ready, and when it's been tested by many
users.