DMD 1.033 (typeof() error instantiating in template)

David L. Davis SpottedTiger at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 06:45:54 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter Wrote:

> David L. Davis wrote:
> > BCS Wrote:
> >
> >> Reply to David,

> >> His stance is that typeof(Type) is /not/ valid, D1.0 or D2.0.
> >>

> > Got it, thanks.
> >
> > David L. Davis
>
> Yes, it was reported as a bug (multiple times?) already.  And the bugs
> were closed as invalid by Walter.  Also mentioned on the NG here a few
> times I think.  But you're right, it did break a lot of code.  And it's
> not always easy to tell why.
>
> --bb

Thanks for the info Bill, I must admit I haven't been following the NG as closely as I did in the past. I do try to scan them at least once a day during the work-week. Also it's nice to see a lot more people posting tho, just wish this NG search ability were better.

Thanks again for the reply,
David L. Davis