Snapshot 0.6.1

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:04:24 PDT 2008

janderson Wrote:

> Chris R. Miller wrote:
> > Allegro DLL files will automatically install to C:\Windows\System32 so
> > you don't have to mess around with all that rot.
>
> This is actually a problem for me.  The install won't finish because I
> don't have my windows installed under C:\Windows\System32, Its in
> D:\win2\System32.   There are various ways to get windows system32 path.
>   The installer tool your using should have some special path for it.

Good grief!  I rationalized not looking up the docs for the System32 location by assuming that there aren't many people who install to locations other than C:\Windows\system32.

Stoopid me.

Oh well... Murphy's law.  The moment I stop assuming the worst, the worst will happen.  In this case, the worst possible is that someone installed to somewhere other than C:\Windows\System32.

I'll make a new installer when I get back home to my build machine.