OpenMW, an open morrowind reimplementation

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:32:48 PDT 2008

>> Why not SDL?
>
> Do you mean for graphics? Or for input? Or for sound? There's three
> different reasons ;-)

Would you give them all then?  : )

>> How fast is monster?
>
> It's still under development, so it hasn't been optimized much yet (and
> I haven't really speed-tested it.) There are some other features I want
> to do first, but if someone wants to use monster for a project then I
> can probably start optimizing earlier.
>
> But here's no reason it can't become as fast as any other byte-code
> compiled language out there though (like Java, Lua, etc.)

First off, I do not know much about byte-code compilation but I'd reckon
the optimizations in java are probably not something you can replicate on
your own.
When I think about it, its more important that the (user created) injected
code
(using the monster library) won't hurt the injected program, at least for
use in
games. How do you cope with this? (ie. infinite loop)