DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jun 18 13:20:34 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> But you didn't sign up to be a compiler writer because it was easy, did you?

If this was the last issue left, then I'd work on it. But there are
other, far more important, things to be working on.

> And if something like this _is_ too much work for one man -- why not put the
> DMDFE source on dsource and start accepting help on things like this?

Reorganizing the internals of the compiler is not just accepting a patch.

I've incorporated many user patches to dmd. The source doesn't need to
be on dsource for that.

It's not like there's a shortage of things users can work on to improve
D. Frank Benoit, for example, tells me there's a huge need for help with
dwt, and dwt can turn out to be a big factor in making D a success.

GDC has fallen behind and could use some TLC.

Writing articles, books, papers, and tutorials for D will help a lot.