DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Jun 18 17:06:17 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> I'm not suggesting patches.  I'm suggesting that you not be the *only*
> person working on DMDFE.

Anyone else see those "code swarm" videos which visualize the
contributors to various open source projects?  Take Python for instance:
     http://www.vimeo.com/1093745
For the first 10 years it's all Guido plus 2 or 3 others, but after 2000
the action really heats up.  All those names swarming around are folks
in the svn _checkin_ history. People who had commit access.  Not just
patch submitters.

Good language designer? -- some people argue about that, but you have
admit Guido van Rossum has definitely been a very good manager for Python.

--bb