DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 08:34:17 PDT 2008

"Sean Kelly" <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote in message
news:g3dtv7$1g0q$1 at digitalmars.com...
> == Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
>>
>> GDC has fallen behind and could use some TLC.
>
> I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by saying this, but GDC
> seems like a sinking ship to me.  Almost all of the issues
> we have with Tango concern GDC codegen or install problems.
> At this point I'm very much hoping that LLVMDC or the other
> D compiler project (dyld?) can supplant GDC.  In fact, I
> think the LLVMDC folks have been asking for help to get
> some issues sorted out?

I like what LLVMDC is doing but I don't think using the DMDFE in *yet
another* compiler is the best idea.  It's time that D had a bootstrapped
compiler and that the DMDFE had some competition.

As for "dyld" I think you're thinking of Dil.  I was trying to help with Dil
but with all the other projects and real-life responsibilities, I just don't
have the time.