DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Jun 19 10:49:15 PDT 2008

Reply to Jarrett,

> "Sean Kelly" <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote in message
> news:g3dtv7$1g0q$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
>> == Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
>>
>>> GDC has fallen behind and could use some TLC.
>>>
>> I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by saying this, but GDC seems
>> like a sinking ship to me.  Almost all of the issues we have with
>> Tango concern GDC codegen or install problems. At this point I'm very
>> much hoping that LLVMDC or the other D compiler project (dyld?) can
>> supplant GDC.  In fact, I think the LLVMDC folks have been asking for
>> help to get some issues sorted out?
>>
> I like what LLVMDC is doing but I don't think using the DMDFE in *yet
> another* compiler is the best idea.  It's time that D had a
> bootstrapped compiler and that the DMDFE had some competition.

That is actually the motivating factor behind dparse. I'm writing it as the
parser generator for a D front end in D. At this point I have a lexer (that
is almost correct) and a framework for extracting the d grammar from the
doc files as well as dparse (which is currently getting a major overhaul
and soaking up most of my free time)