DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:32:07 PDT 2008

dennis luehring Wrote:
> what are difference between Template Constraints
> and static asserts?

Besides speed of implementation, I don't think there's much of a difference while SFINAE is in place.  I'd love to see SFINAE removed and start relying on the power of D's template matching.  I know SFINAE is a staple of C++, but I don't think it's really needed in D.  I submitted a request in D's issue tracker, but there has been no response from anyone that'd strongly influence D's design.