DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jun 19 12:05:52 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> == Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
>> GDC has fallen behind and could use some TLC.
>
> I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by saying this, but GDC
> seems like a sinking ship to me.  Almost all of the issues
> we have with Tango concern GDC codegen or install problems.
> At this point I'm very much hoping that LLVMDC or the other
> D compiler project (dyld?) can supplant GDC.  In fact, I
> think the LLVMDC folks have been asking for help to get
> some issues sorted out?

I've tried as much as possible to keep improvements to DMD in the front
end code, rather than tweaking the back end. This is to make folding the
changes in to other D compiler implementations easier.

That said, I am here to help with any questions about how things work in
order to help those connecting the front end to other back ends, and I
am also willing to do what I can to fold changes into the front end that
will make future updates easier.