DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 14:18:08 PDT 2008

"Leandro Lucarella" <llucax at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:20080619210932.GE17841 at burns.springfield.home...

> I don't think I have to tell *you* this, but since D is link compatible
> with C, I don't think that's a real issue...

It's not the linking that's the trouble, it's the fact that you'd need a D
compiler to compile this new D compiler.  And most platforms don't have one
by default yet.

That's not to say that GDC couldn't be used to build said compiler.  It'd
just complicate the build process.

I wonder what other not-so-prevalent languages have bootstrapped compilers,
and what their installation procedures entail?  Would it be automatable
enough to be able to, say, put it in a .deb/.rpm?