DMD 1.031 and 2.015 releases

Koroskin Denis 2korden at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 05:28:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:00:39 +0400, Jarrett Billingsley
<kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Georg Wrede" <georg at nospam.org> wrote in message
> news:485B64BC.9010707 at nospam.org...
>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>> "Georg Wrede" <georg at nospam.org> wrote in message
>>> news:485AFE87.3050902 at nospam.org...

>>> No, they just have permission to redistribute the DMD binary.  Walter
>>> is
>>> the only one who has access to the backend.
>>
>> I wasn't talking about back end sources.
>
> Well that's the only form it exists in ;)

What about putting *compiled* (not the sources) backend (as a lib) to a
public as well, so that people could build a DMD themselves? This would be
a *huge* step forward. People would be able make some play with it, fix
some bug, run tests and propose the patch to Walter.

Does putting backend in a compiled form to digitalmars.com/dsource involve
any copyright infringements?