D programming language conference

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 23 00:46:58 PDT 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Hello Walter,
>
>> is coming soon, August 4-6. Brad says we still have room for more
>> speakers, so if you have a fun D project you're working on, we'd love
>> to hear about it!
>>
>> http://d.puremagic.com/conference2008/
>>

> Last year Brad asked that potential attendees contact him so that he
> could plan logistics.  Is this required this year?  Or do we just show up?
> -JJR

I'm still struggling to get enough speakers to justify the conference.
So far, I don't have enough to fill the first day, let alone 2 or 3.
So, please, if you want this thing to happen, find a topic you're
willing to stand in front of 50-100 people talking about for and hour
and and let me know what it'll be about.  Alternatively, find someone
you want to hear from and convince them to do it.

If I can't find enough people in the next 2 weeks (give or take based on
the rate of people volunteering), I'll have little choice but to abandon
it for this year and look at doing it some other time.

Assuming this kick in the.. uh... assuming the conference is going to
happen, I'll open up registration pretty much just like last year.

On the good news front.  I have the videos from 2007 finally!  I need to
watch them and get google video's to digest them.  This will take some
time and I'll try to get it done asap.  My first attempt to send one to
google looks to be a bust (2 seconds of gray != 90 minutes of
presentation).  More on this over the course of the week.

Sigh,
Brad