DMD 1.031 (two missing functions in std.math)

David L. Davis SpottedTiger at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 07:09:26 PDT 2008

Don Wrote:

> David L. Davis wrote:
> > A two simple wrapper functions should be put back in so existing D v1.0 code doesn't break...in this case of course I could simply add in replacement functions for these in my own code. But the point being that functions should not be removed at this point.
> >
> > I think the following code could replace these two functions using the new changes found in std.math:
> >
> > bool isPosZero(real x)
> > { return isIdentical(x, 0.0); }
> >
> > bool isNegZero(real x)
> > { return isIdentical(x, -0.0); }
> >
> > Thanks, keep up the good work!
> > David L. Davis
> >

> isPosZero() and isNegZero() were private, and used only for internal
> unit tests. (If they were exposed, it was a bug).
> Your code above is correct, though.

Hi Don,

   Got it! Thanks for your reply...I'll add the two now missing/modified functions into my existing code. Leave it to me to find public scoped privates to use in my code. :P But you're right, the comments beside the function names did state that they were used only for unit-tests. So with that thought, they were clearly meant to be privates based on the comments alone.

   Please keep on the good work on std.math!!

David L. Davis